1. (a) What are the similarities between public companies and private companies? (8 marks)
(b) Outline the various sources of capital to a sole trader. (6marks)
(c) State any THREE uses of a bonded warehouse. (6 marks)
2. (a) State and explain any FOUR advantages of advertising. (8 marks)
(b) Name and explain any TWO legislative Acts and any TWO government departments that
protect the consumer. (12 marks)
3. (a) Distinguish between a bank loan and an overdraft (10 marks)
(15) Outline the conditions that a bank manager will have to consider before granting a loan. (10 marks)
4. (a) Name and explain the different types of marine losses. (10 marks)
(b) Outline the importance of insurance to commerce and industry. (10 marks)
5. (a) What are the main differences between home and foreign trade? (12 marks)
(b) Explain the reasons for trade restrictions between countries. (8 marks)
6. (a) State the purpose of each of the following documents as used in trade: (5 marks)
(i) Advice note.
(iii) Statement of account.
(iv) Delivery note.
(v) Credit note.
(b) Mr Man No Rest, a retailer in Kumba, placed an order for the following goods on the 13/10/2012
Mr. John Fineboy, a wholesaler in Douala:
20 bags of rice at 30,000 CFAF each.
15 gallons of oil at 5,500 CFAF each.
40 cartons of C.C.C. soap at 30,000 CFAF each.
Man No Rest was offered a trade discount of 10% and cash discount of 5% One Week, 3% 2weeks.
VAT is 19.25%. The goods were paid for on the 18/10/2012.
(i) Trade discount.
(ii) Commercial net.
(iii) Value Added tax.
(iv) Cash discount.
(v) Net payable. (15 marks)