cameroon gce june 2016 commerce Paper 2
TO DOWNLOAD cameroon gce june 2004 commerce Paper 2 click on the link Below
(a) State any THREE reasons why commercial banks are important to business men. (3 marks)
(b) Outline FIVE conditions required by banks when granting credits. (5marks)
(c) Give any SIX differences between a central bank and a commercial bank.
2. (a) State and explain FIVE factors that may influence the choice of a transport system. (10marks)
(b) Give any FIVE advantages of sea transport. (5marks)
(c) Outline any FIVE importance of containerization in modern transportation. (5marks)
3: (a) Define the documents below and state any THREE information contained in each;
(i) Articles of Association, and
(ii) Memorandum of Association. (10 marks)
(b) Name and explain any FIVE advantages of Joint Stock companies. (10marks)
4. (a) Explain any FIVE functions of the National Social Insurance Fund(NSIF) (10 marks)
(b) Write short notes on each of the following:
(v) Actual total loss. (10 marks)
5. (a) AYAH and Sons, P.O. Box 358 Limbe, on the 20th March 2012 supplied the following items to
O.J. International Enterprise, PO Box 780 Kombe:
-10 cartons of soap at 10,000 FCAF each.
– 15 bags of salt at 5,000 CFAF per bag.
A cash receipt No. 2030 was issued for settlement of the transaction.
Use the information provided to complete the appendix 1 provided. (10 marks)
(b) State TWO features of each of the following:
(iii) Forwarding agent.
(iv) Del credere agent.
(v) Auctioneer. (10 marks)
6. (a) Explain the difference between the following pairs:
(i) Balance of trade and balance of payments.
(ii) Home trade and foreign trade.
(iii) Visible export and invisible exports. (6 marks)
(b) Explain any FIVE advantages of foreign trade. (10 mark)
(c) What is meant by each of the following:
(i) Entrepot trade
(ii) Customs drawback. ( 4 marks)