SECTION A: THE CITIZEN, GROUP AND COMMUNITY DYNAMICS
Answer One question from this section.
2. (a) In what ways does one become a citizen of Cameroon?
(b) What are the duties of a good citizen?
(c) Outline the responsibilities of the Cameroon Government to its citizens.
3. What do you understand by :
(a) A Municipal Councilor?
(b) What are the pre-conditions for becoming a Municipal Councilor in Cameroon?
(c) Outline the services of a Municipal Councilor to its inhabitants. (6, 7, 7 marks)
4. (a) Describe with examples the human activities in Cameroon which have a detrimental impact on the natural environment.
(b) What measures has the Government taken to conserve and protect this environment? ( 10, 10, marks)
SECTION B: POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC LIFE IN CAMEROON.
A Answer One question from this section
5. (a) Explain why successive election results in Cameroon since 1992 have been a source of contention..
(b) Outline the main weaknesses of the Cameroon electoral system and
(c) State the various ways taken by Government over the last two decades to improve the electoral
process in the country. (7, 7,6 marks)
6. (a) How does the Government of Cameroon ge erate revenue.?
(b) Identify and explain three-nrain reasons why the Government may fail to generate revenue
(c) What are the likely consequences of such failure on the citizens? (7, 7-i6–marks)
7. (a). Explain the composition and function of the Executive and the legislative arms of the Cameroon
(b) Outline important innovations of the 1996 Constitution. (12, 8 marks)
SECTION C: UNIVERSAL VALUES.
Answer One question from this section
8. (a) What do you understand by Human Rights.?
(b) In what ways and for what reasons are Human Rights violated?
(c) Describe the instruments which are used to protect and promote Human Right and Freedoms in
Cameroon. (4, 8, 8 marks)
9. (a) What are the main causes of conflicts in villages and schools.?
(b) Describe the consequences of these conflicts.
(c) Outline the structures put in place to resolve these conflicts.
10. Write short notes on any four of the following:
(a) Child labor
(c) Minority groups
(e) Child trafficking Globalization
(3) Gender inequality