The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is a Government Institution established by the Parliamentary Act No. 21 of 1973. It is responsible for the administration of all National Examinations in Tanzania. It core values are
- Confidentiality and Security
The Council functions for a period of 4 years and consists of the following committees:
- Executive Committee responsible for the day to day running of the Council
- School Examinations Committee responsible for school examinations
- Professional Examinations Committee responsible for professional examinations
In the Council we have:
- The Chairman appointed by the President of the United Republic of Tanzania
- 14 members appointed by the Minister for Education and Culture.
Equally the vision of the Council is to be the Center of Excellence in Quality Education Assessment and Certification. As a result The National Examinations Council of Tanzania has the duty to provide Fair, Efficient and Effective Educational Assessment.
Some of the examinations approved by the Council are:
- The Advanced Certificate Of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE).
- Certificate Of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
- The Standard Four National Assessment (SFNA).
- Darasa La Nne.
- The Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE).
- Form Two National Assessment (FTNA).
- Grade A Teachers Certificate Examination (GATCE).
- Diploma In Secondary Education Examination (DSEE) and finally
- Diploma In Secondary Education In Special Needs Education (DSE-SNE)Examination
Also registration is for different examination type is through their online registration system here.
For more information concerning the Council, contact any number below
- 255-22-2700493 – 6/9 or
- You can equally reach them by writing to [email protected]