What to do if you lost your UNEB Certificate

What can you do if you happen to lost your UNEB certificate?  Actually, the UNEB does not issue duplicate certificates. In case you loss your  slip and/or certificate, a letter of verification of results is necessary. To apply for Letters of verification or confirmation of result:

  1. If you are an individual:

  • You should bring a letter from school/center of sitting.
  • Come personally. Candidates outside the country should send a copy of their identity document and a letter authorizing someone else to process the document.
  • Then bring a letter from the Police , in case of loss or damage of slip/certificate.
  • Next, present a copy of a valid identity card.
  • After then pay processing fees as determined from time to time. Payment is to the Cashier and an appropriate receipt issued. The approved fee effective January 2015 is 40,000 shillings for an ordinary letter and 80,000 shillings for a Hard Card that serves as substitute for a certificate.
  1. For Institutions, agencies, bodies,

  • Provide a request letter addressing it to the Executive Secretary, UNEB
  • Secondly, provide a list of person whose results should be verified indicating level of examination (PLE, UCE or UACE), year of sitting and the correct index number (including both center & candidate number)
  • Provide photocopies of the result document to be verified/confirmed and the “original” document where forgery is highly suspected
  • Finally Pay the Uganda National Examinations Board against an invoice issued by the Board.

In addition, processing of letters of verification of results (LVR) is done at Ntinda office block. You can also apply online here.

See also: How to Recover Cameroon GCE Certificate

Source: UNEB

Download this article in pdf

25 comments on “What to do if you lost your UNEB Certificate

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Download our application
sponsors Ads